Here, you'll find a little bit of "this, that and the other thing!"
Please join!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER THING!
Welcome!
Here, you'll find a little bit of "this, that and the other thing!"
Please join!
THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER THING!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of this, that and the other thing!

Latest topics

» It's not spring yet!
by Breezey Bree Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:24 pm

» Death...dying, and my thoughts on it *part one*
by Breezey Bree Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:49 pm

» 12" Rechargeable Floor & Carpet Sweeper Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
by Breezey Bree Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:34 am

» Death...dying, and my thoughts on it *part two*
by Breezey Bree Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:21 am

» Basic Waffles from Betty Crocker
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:13 am

» AUDACITY!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:05 am

» Mamie Eisenhower's Million Dollar Fudge
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:02 am

» I almost made a new account for Disqus...almost!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:01 am

» Happy Birthday, Breezey!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:59 am

» Christmas shopping and all that good stuff!
by Breezey Bree Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:11 am

» Newspapers and how it's all going more towards internet
by Breezey Bree Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:29 am

» Happy New Year!
by Breezey Bree Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:26 am

» Christmas 2023! Music and whatnot!
by Breezey Bree Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:34 am

» It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 2023
by Breezey Bree Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:40 pm

» Is there a Grinch in your Christmas?
by KieranT Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:59 pm

» Creamy Sriracha Mayo
by Breezey Bree Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:43 am

» Dare to forgive
by Breezey Bree Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:41 am

» Cloisonne art (wire work)
by Breezey Bree Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:02 pm

» 12-Volt Rideamals Scout Pony Interactive Ride-On Toy by Kid Trax
by Breezey Bree Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:48 am

» Home made hard candy
by Breezey Bree Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:54 am

» One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken and Rice
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:40 pm

» Disqus NEW and IMPROVED CHANNELS.... my thoughts
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:28 pm

» The end of Disqus on this site
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:20 pm

» Disqus Dumpster Diving!
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:17 pm

» Fluffy biscuits
by Breezey Bree Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:28 pm

» The shut down of Disqus channels
by Breezey Bree Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:35 am

» Cappuccino Mix (Instant)
by Breezey Bree Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:36 am

» Songs I'd forgotten
by Breezey Bree Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:06 am

» Big Daddy Skillet
by Breezey Bree Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:30 am

» Amish Apple Dumplings Recipe
by Breezey Bree Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:19 am

My love of old things has given me a project

2 posters

You are not connected. Please login or register

My love of old things has given me a project

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
My love of old things has given me a project  20210410
My love of old things has given me a project  20210510
My love of old things has given me a project  20210511

The first picture is a cabinet I found on the curb. It was destined for trash and I made it my treasure. :)
I wasn't too sure what I was looking at until I opened it and saw it use to have a treadle sewing machine, but still hade all other parts and was in decent shape. It took some work, but I loaded it up and brought it home. Next, I played around with it and got all excited with everything I found in the cabinet. Well... I had to put things to rights...so I bought the sewing machine sitting on top now. And it works! For less than a hundred bucks, I have an oldie treadle sewing machine and love it! :) I'm going to need to screws to hold the machine on the pins for folding it away and that's about it. I'm going to clean it and oil it... and USE it! Ahahahaha! But seriously, it's going to get used once I figure it all out.
Anyone care to share a good oldie find?

Last edited by Breezey Bree on Mon May 03, 2021 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
My love of old things has given me a project  20210512
My love of old things has given me a project  20210411

Kirks Soda

Kirks Soda
Mover
A nice find ! and the sewing machine looks remarkably like a foldable machine my parents had back in the day that worked 'like a charm'. bat eye lashes
I haven't found any items abandoned that was really worth fixing, recently this Citroen C4 but it was not right for some to repair, costs are adding up and it's not finished just yet. Ron's car

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
Kirks Soda wrote:A nice find ! and the sewing machine looks remarkably like a foldable machine my parents had back in the day that worked 'like a charm'. bat eye lashes
I haven't found any items abandoned that was really worth fixing, recently this Citroen C4 but it was not right for some to repair, costs are adding up and it's not finished just yet. Ron's car
I can't help thinking your parents and others got a lot of well made and really nice items compared to what we are seeing in these times... ugly televisions and "modern" looking things that really make me long for older days.... as much of my house would show. :)
I hope you get your car up and running soon. Without much more expense!

Kirks Soda

Kirks Soda
Mover
Breezey Bree wrote:
Kirks Soda wrote:A nice find ! and the sewing machine looks remarkably like a foldable machine my parents had back in the day that worked 'like a charm'. bat eye lashes
I can't help thinking your parents and others got a lot of well made and really nice items compared to what we are seeing in these times... ugly televisions and "modern" looking things that really make me long for older days.... as much of my house would show. :)
Yes, I haven't seen an antique shop for a long time although there is sometimes bargains in the Opportunity shops to browse. run

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
Kirks Soda wrote:
Breezey Bree wrote:
Yes, I haven't seen an antique shop for a long time although there is sometimes bargains in the Opportunity shops to browse. run

We have antique shops, but many are a bit pricey! I do better checking internet and curbs. lol

Kirks Soda

Kirks Soda
Mover
Breezey Bree wrote:
Kirks Soda wrote:
Breezey Bree wrote:

We have antique shops, but many are a bit pricey! I do better checking internet and curbs. lol
Selling on facebook is rife too, I haven't been to a garage sale in a long time. crying

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]