Here, you'll find a little bit of "this, that and the other thing!"
Please join!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER THING!
Welcome!
Here, you'll find a little bit of "this, that and the other thing!"
Please join!
THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER THING!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of this, that and the other thing!

Latest topics

» It's not spring yet!
by Breezey Bree Fri May 03, 2024 11:19 pm

» Death...dying, and my thoughts on it *part one*
by Breezey Bree Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:49 pm

» 12" Rechargeable Floor & Carpet Sweeper Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
by Breezey Bree Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:34 am

» Death...dying, and my thoughts on it *part two*
by Breezey Bree Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:21 am

» Basic Waffles from Betty Crocker
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:13 am

» AUDACITY!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:05 am

» Mamie Eisenhower's Million Dollar Fudge
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:02 am

» I almost made a new account for Disqus...almost!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:01 am

» Happy Birthday, Breezey!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:59 am

» Christmas shopping and all that good stuff!
by Breezey Bree Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:11 am

» Newspapers and how it's all going more towards internet
by Breezey Bree Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:29 am

» Happy New Year!
by Breezey Bree Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:26 am

» Christmas 2023! Music and whatnot!
by Breezey Bree Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:34 am

» It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 2023
by Breezey Bree Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:40 pm

» Is there a Grinch in your Christmas?
by KieranT Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:59 pm

» Creamy Sriracha Mayo
by Breezey Bree Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:43 am

» Dare to forgive
by Breezey Bree Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:41 am

» Cloisonne art (wire work)
by Breezey Bree Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:02 pm

» 12-Volt Rideamals Scout Pony Interactive Ride-On Toy by Kid Trax
by Breezey Bree Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:48 am

» Home made hard candy
by Breezey Bree Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:54 am

» One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken and Rice
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:40 pm

» Disqus NEW and IMPROVED CHANNELS.... my thoughts
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:28 pm

» The end of Disqus on this site
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:20 pm

» Disqus Dumpster Diving!
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:17 pm

» Fluffy biscuits
by Breezey Bree Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:28 pm

» The shut down of Disqus channels
by Breezey Bree Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:35 am

» Cappuccino Mix (Instant)
by Breezey Bree Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:36 am

» Songs I'd forgotten
by Breezey Bree Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:06 am

» Big Daddy Skillet
by Breezey Bree Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:30 am

» Amish Apple Dumplings Recipe
by Breezey Bree Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:19 am

Disqus, internet, sites no longer used or gone

3 posters

You are not connected. Please login or register

Disqus, internet, sites no longer used or gone

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
Recently, I started looking at Disqus sites I once followed or liked and see that many have been abandoned. I see that many of them were basically the same ideas and maybe found it hard to compete with sites that drew in more people.
I think part of the issue is that many sites relied on the same people to comment and show up on a regular basis.
Just my thoughts on it today. :)

KieranT

KieranT
Site Mod
That is the greatest reason of all - many sites had the same people so if one left or passed on, it hit multiple sites.
Some packed up because they couldn't get people to start discussions or because of persistent harassment from trolls making new accounts.
Fortunately, some of the troublemakers have also left Disqus so some sites have gained on the atmosphere if not on numbers.
You don't need huge numbers to make a site work, just a nice mix of people who can exchange views without getting into fighting.
I am lucky that I have a good few different sites to post on when I have the time - some people post on one or two of them at the most so there are different people to meet and talk to on each. None of them is very busy but they are pleasant places to post.

I purposely avoid all sites that have political or religious discussions as they are the fastest way to a virtual Armageddon.

I don't have the time or energy for dealing with constant crap. I like a nice quiet virtual life!!! 😁

KieranT

KieranT
Site Mod
And we lost some really great people from Disqus and the world - Palapie and Sprite to name just two.
They could both post anywhere and manage to bring a smile wherever they went, leaving it better than when they arrived.

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
KieranT wrote:And we lost some really great people from Disqus and the world - Palapie and Sprite to name just two.
They could both post anywhere and manage to bring a smile wherever they went, leaving it better than when they arrived.

You are right about sites and people. Your sites have always seemed like places people could be at and not worry about negatives.

I remember Palapie from way back when there was a site through Disqus itself. He was always kind and had a lot to say. :)

And Sprite, a really kind and interesting person and I still miss him.

As for politics and religion.... I get a little lost with the idea that just having a thought or opinion on topics of interest automatically makes it political. lol I didn't realize many topics were "political" and wonder if that is so because others labeled them as such.
Religion... I don't ever want to debate/argue which is better or what is right or wrong. I have seen people post prayers or a verse and think maybe others could let it be and not pick the hell out of someone for something that simple. Just my way of seeing things. :)

KieranT

KieranT
Site Mod
Breezey Bree wrote:
KieranT wrote:And we lost some really great people from Disqus and the world - Palapie and Sprite to name just two.

You are right about sites and people. Your sites have always seemed like places people could be at and not worry about negatives.

I remember Palapie from way back when there was a site through Disqus itself. He was always kind and had a lot to say. :)

As for politics and religion.... I get a little lost with the idea that just having a thought or opinion on topics of interest automatically makes it political. lol I didn't realize many topics were "political" and wonder if that is so because others labeled them as such.
Religion... I don't ever want to debate/argue which is better or what is right or wrong. I have seen people post prayers or a verse and think maybe others could let it be and not pick the hell out of someone for something that simple.  Just my way of seeing things. :)

Way too much gets politicised or accused of being politicised when being discussed.
For example, some people claim discussing environmental issues is political discussion but only if you are complaining about the actions/lack of actions that politicians are making on whatever the issue is, when actually most people in that sort of discussion are actually discussing the environment and the changes, and how that affects them or their concerns for the future, not even dragging politics or politicians into it.

Some people just have a knack of taking offence at the slightest religious aura on a post. I am not remotely religious, but I certainly don't take offence at others posting "God bless" type post or prayers sent etc but plenty jump on that sort of thing and scream.
I don't believe in a god, but I think a lot about life, the universe and everything and I am always pleased to learn how other cultures, people, countries do their own thinking on those things.

Some people are very blinkered.

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
KieranT wrote:
Breezey Bree wrote:

Religion... I don't ever want to debate/argue which is better or what is right or wrong. I have seen people post prayers or a verse and think maybe others could let it be and not pick the hell out of someone for something that simple.  Just my way of seeing things. :)

Way too much gets politicised or accused of being politicised when being discussed.
For example, some people claim discussing environmental issues is political discussion but only if you are complaining about the actions/lack of actions that politicians are making on whatever the issue is, when actually most people in that sort of discussion are actually discussing the environment and the changes, and how that affects them or their concerns for the future, not even dragging politics or politicians into it.

Some people just have a knack of taking offence at the slightest religious aura on a post. I am not remotely religious, but I certainly don't take offence at others posting  "God bless" type post or prayers sent etc but plenty jump on that sort of thing and scream.
I don't believe in a god, but I think a lot about life, the universe and everything and I am always pleased to learn how other cultures, people, countries do their own thinking on those things.

Some people are very blinkered.

I think you get what I am saying. I don't want to debate with others about it all, but don't mind learning or hearing a bit about what others think. I don't have to agree, but I don't have to argue about it either. And I'd like to think we can all learn something, even if we don't want to agree with it all.

holybagpipes

holybagpipes
Mover
I miss the old Disqus sites too.

It was great meeting up with folks sharing memes and music.

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
holybagpipes wrote:I miss the old Disqus sites too.

It was great meeting up with folks sharing memes and music.

Hey, there's still sites out there with some people we might know.
I know of a site that's just music topics and Kieran is still running at least two sites... care for the links to any or all? :)

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
I'm seeing a decline in users on Disqus (certain sites).
I think it was inevitable that many would lose people and people would lose interest since it's becoming "same old, same old" on many.

Maybe it's the same for other types of sites that do the same things...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]