Here, you'll find a little bit of "this, that and the other thing!"
Please join!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER THING!
Welcome!
Here, you'll find a little bit of "this, that and the other thing!"
Please join!
THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER THING!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of this, that and the other thing!

Latest topics

» It's not spring yet!
by Breezey Bree Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:24 pm

» Death...dying, and my thoughts on it *part one*
by Breezey Bree Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:49 pm

» 12" Rechargeable Floor & Carpet Sweeper Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
by Breezey Bree Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:34 am

» Death...dying, and my thoughts on it *part two*
by Breezey Bree Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:21 am

» Basic Waffles from Betty Crocker
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:13 am

» AUDACITY!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:05 am

» Mamie Eisenhower's Million Dollar Fudge
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:02 am

» I almost made a new account for Disqus...almost!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:01 am

» Happy Birthday, Breezey!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:59 am

» Christmas shopping and all that good stuff!
by Breezey Bree Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:11 am

» Newspapers and how it's all going more towards internet
by Breezey Bree Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:29 am

» Happy New Year!
by Breezey Bree Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:26 am

» Christmas 2023! Music and whatnot!
by Breezey Bree Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:34 am

» It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 2023
by Breezey Bree Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:40 pm

» Is there a Grinch in your Christmas?
by KieranT Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:59 pm

» Creamy Sriracha Mayo
by Breezey Bree Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:43 am

» Dare to forgive
by Breezey Bree Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:41 am

» Cloisonne art (wire work)
by Breezey Bree Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:02 pm

» 12-Volt Rideamals Scout Pony Interactive Ride-On Toy by Kid Trax
by Breezey Bree Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:48 am

» Home made hard candy
by Breezey Bree Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:54 am

» One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken and Rice
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:40 pm

» Disqus NEW and IMPROVED CHANNELS.... my thoughts
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:28 pm

» The end of Disqus on this site
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:20 pm

» Disqus Dumpster Diving!
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:17 pm

» Fluffy biscuits
by Breezey Bree Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:28 pm

» The shut down of Disqus channels
by Breezey Bree Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:35 am

» Cappuccino Mix (Instant)
by Breezey Bree Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:36 am

» Songs I'd forgotten
by Breezey Bree Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:06 am

» Big Daddy Skillet
by Breezey Bree Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:30 am

» Amish Apple Dumplings Recipe
by Breezey Bree Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:19 am

Friends and internet...

2 posters

You are not connected. Please login or register

Friends and internet...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Friends and internet...  Empty Friends and internet... Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:59 pm

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
I like to think we can make true friends on internet, but have noticed that eventually, when people leave sites and whatnot, contact is usually dwindled down and lost. People just don't seem to have time for emails, texts and phone calls compared to being on internet sites.
I'm not sure many people really make it as friends off internet sites for long.
I'm not caring if people don't have time for topics, but it sucks when people just lose time and interest with those they use to text and email with all the time. I think it's true that when people leave sites, they are maybe missed for a short while and then others take their places.
I think that is more likely what social sites are really all about. Kind of like a party where people only know each other by name and avatar.... not too often by who they are daily. Is that how it was set out to be? I often wonder about that. Seems a bit anti social if that is the case.

2Friends and internet...  Empty Re: Friends and internet... Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:36 pm

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
I've been thinking about this again.
Why are we seeking social sites on internet?
We all give our reasons, but I really think it all comes
down to wanting someone to share some time with.
Still, not sure I wish to spend a lot of time on a device for internet with a lot of people who never really get to know me or wish to know me... maybe even some day meet.

3Friends and internet...  Empty Re: Friends and internet... Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:59 am

Spy vs Spy 2023

Spy vs Spy 2023
Mover
Interesting thoughts. I agree . Not sure how to maintain internet friendships. Sometimes their or your life changes or there is complications in your or their lives …Personally i have messed it up myself too , with myself mostly to blame. Other times i was overly cautious and never really sure if whom i was speaking to really was that person 🤦‍�. Sometimes i know it wasn’t but other times it was me being too paranoid and then i got to the point I would deliberately make a person back off because of being unsure. That happened with Instagram, i just found its a platform that ultimately wasn’t good for me mentally .

Obviously if you live in an area nearby to whom you communicate with is helpful because ultimately you can meet.

4Friends and internet...  Empty Re: Friends and internet... Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:22 am

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
Spy vs Spy 2023 wrote:Interesting thoughts. I agree . Not sure how to maintain internet friendships. Sometimes their or your life changes or there is complications in your or their lives …Personally i have messed it up myself too , with myself mostly to blame. Other times i was overly cautious and never really sure if whom i was speaking to really was that person 🤦‍�. Sometimes i know it wasn’t but other times it was me being too paranoid and then i got to the point I would deliberately make a person back off because of being unsure. That happened with Instagram, i just found its a platform that ultimately wasn’t good for me mentally .

Obviously if you live in an area nearby to whom you communicate with is helpful because ultimately you can meet.

I met one person "in person" that I first met on internet. We dated for quite a while... he'd drive from his state to mine. Eventually, he moved and we were together... things just didn't work. He had been in the navy for 20 years. I think it was hard for him to adjust to a family and all. lol

First coming to internet, I made friends...good friends! We emailed, sent snail mail, talked on phone and exchanged gifts, but most have passed on or just lost. One, after about ten years decided I wasn't a good person based on my experiences with covid and my thoughts about it all. crying I'm over it. lol

5Friends and internet...  Empty Re: Friends and internet... Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:56 pm

Spy vs Spy 2023

Spy vs Spy 2023
Mover
I guess it gets to the point you ( and myself too) would not pursue such friendships, if they happen, so be it

6Friends and internet...  Empty Re: Friends and internet... Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:12 pm

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
Spy vs Spy 2023 wrote:I guess it gets to the point you ( and myself too) would not pursue such friendships, if they happen, so be it

I don't believe in online anything like I use to. Things have changed so much. I saw one Disqus user explaining to another how to use throw away phones so people can't contact them later.
I've seen way too many trying to fool others with different accounts and married people acting like single people.
At the end of it all, I just don't care to bother...daily home life or any where.

7Friends and internet...  Empty Re: Friends and internet... Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:08 am

Spy vs Spy 2023

Spy vs Spy 2023
Mover
I can understand

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]