Here, you'll find a little bit of "this, that and the other thing!"
Please join!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER THING!
Welcome!
Here, you'll find a little bit of "this, that and the other thing!"
Please join!
THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER THING!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little bit of this, that and the other thing!

Latest topics

» It's not spring yet!
by Breezey Bree Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:24 pm

» Death...dying, and my thoughts on it *part one*
by Breezey Bree Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:49 pm

» 12" Rechargeable Floor & Carpet Sweeper Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
by Breezey Bree Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:34 am

» Death...dying, and my thoughts on it *part two*
by Breezey Bree Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:21 am

» Basic Waffles from Betty Crocker
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:13 am

» AUDACITY!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:05 am

» Mamie Eisenhower's Million Dollar Fudge
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:02 am

» I almost made a new account for Disqus...almost!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:01 am

» Happy Birthday, Breezey!
by Breezey Bree Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:59 am

» Christmas shopping and all that good stuff!
by Breezey Bree Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:11 am

» Newspapers and how it's all going more towards internet
by Breezey Bree Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:29 am

» Happy New Year!
by Breezey Bree Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:26 am

» Christmas 2023! Music and whatnot!
by Breezey Bree Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:34 am

» It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 2023
by Breezey Bree Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:40 pm

» Is there a Grinch in your Christmas?
by KieranT Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:59 pm

» Creamy Sriracha Mayo
by Breezey Bree Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:43 am

» Dare to forgive
by Breezey Bree Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:41 am

» Cloisonne art (wire work)
by Breezey Bree Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:02 pm

» 12-Volt Rideamals Scout Pony Interactive Ride-On Toy by Kid Trax
by Breezey Bree Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:48 am

» Home made hard candy
by Breezey Bree Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:54 am

» One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken and Rice
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:40 pm

» Disqus NEW and IMPROVED CHANNELS.... my thoughts
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:28 pm

» The end of Disqus on this site
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:20 pm

» Disqus Dumpster Diving!
by Breezey Bree Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:17 pm

» Fluffy biscuits
by Breezey Bree Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:28 pm

» The shut down of Disqus channels
by Breezey Bree Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:35 am

» Cappuccino Mix (Instant)
by Breezey Bree Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:36 am

» Songs I'd forgotten
by Breezey Bree Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:06 am

» Big Daddy Skillet
by Breezey Bree Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:30 am

» Amish Apple Dumplings Recipe
by Breezey Bree Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:19 am

The shut down of Disqus channels

3 posters

You are not connected. Please login or register

The shut down of Disqus channels

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The shut down of Disqus channels Empty The shut down of Disqus channels Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:56 pm

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
01.09.201911   4:49:35
At approximately 2:45, Central time, Disqus channels were shut down.
I don't think it's so much the channels that mattered, but the memories they hold and what they represented to each of us.
The shut down of Disqus channels Zastep10
I still think it's a good change... hopefully it will cut down on the harassment, fighting and trolling that was happening.
Still... it's a chapter written and closed...
Here's to looking forward to better things to come.
The shut down of Disqus channels Import10

Last edited by Breezey Bree on Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:01 am; edited 3 times in total

2The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:11 pm

Timmy

Timmy
New comer
Hey i got this working 😊. Yes i guess channels meant something to writers esp , so i am sympathetic of that

3The shut down of Disqus channels Empty to Timmy! Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
You found your way to the actual site commenting! :)

4The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:27 am

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
Timmy wrote:Hey i got this working 😊. Yes i guess channels meant something to writers esp , so i am sympathetic of that

Hey there! I like seeing people using the actual forum. Just wondering if you realize you need to go where you're tagged to be on the disqus commenting part. :)

5The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:39 am

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
Wondering why people are flocking to "new channels" when many have sites that are doing well.
I'll have to see when exactly they put the new ones out for use.... September 5, 2023...

6The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:44 am

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
The new channels are nothing new or different, other than the fact only Disqus owners can make and own them. Other than that...same old people, same old fights and harassment, same old accusations and such... Same spam and advertisements.... just a lot of negative for a little positive.
People who have their own sites can do all the things that those channels are giving...without all the upset. Maybe people need all those upsets to get them through the day.

7The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:18 am

Spy vs Spy 2023

Spy vs Spy 2023
Mover
Yes unfortunately they get so many spam discussions and advertising, the channels i liked the idea of aren’t worth posting on . Seems like all the channels have less traffic already. I think people just post on their regular disqus blogs

8The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:21 pm

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
@Spy vs Spy 2023
I commented on a topic yesterday and today.... found a LOT of new accounts popping up and same old types of people trying to maybe start an argument. I have already had enough.
The regular Disqus blogs/sites allow the people more freedom to post topics, choose a comment as most interesting/creative/ informative...
I even allowed people who started topics to pick their own best comment, but nobody seemed to care to do that.

9The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:04 am

Spy vs Spy 2023

Spy vs Spy 2023
Mover
I almost have had enough, not for those reasons, guess i am used to that behaviour 🤷‍�. Its more for me i like to friendly chat but the place is often dead . I don’t mind leaving opinions but its not the same

10The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:30 am

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
@Spy vs Spy 2023
For me, friendly chat was far and few between and usually more so through email and text... when we got to know each other better. I really don't see most online sites as all that social. lol

11The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:06 am

Spy vs Spy 2023

Spy vs Spy 2023
Mover
Yeah i agree . They aren’t social as such . I tried instagram for a few years but i was paranoid since disqus and it just wasn’t me as a person 🤷‍�.On disqus it is only a few people that have friendly chat,.

12The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:43 pm

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
@Spy vs Spy 2023
I text with a couple people from internet, but most people aren't looking for real conversations. lol I think social sites are only social when commenting on topics.

13The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:44 am

Spy vs Spy 2023

Spy vs Spy 2023
Mover
Lol i see you added a question emoji in my comment. To clarify, i just don’t feel like i am being myself, on a site like instagram. And i was paranoid of following accounts because i had already been somewhat paranoid from being on disqus prior to that. Just seeing odd behaviours with people I messaged from disqus privately, and then on Instagram some followers, I notice discrepancies very quickly when people aren’t truthful. In in minor details. Then i start questioning to myself why is that. The problem is it gets to the point i might be suspicious so easily there is nothing to be suspicious about 😂. All said and done I only kept contact with a few people. Some lose contact because real life problems. Its hard to find time. Many reasons

14The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:10 am

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
@Spy vs Spy 2023
I did not change or add anything to your comment. I'm not sure what made a question mark show if you didn't pick something with it.
As for being paranoid about Disqus, I get it. I'm seeing people with new accounts who are not new. I tire of those who try to become friendly, pretending we've never even bumped into each other before with different accounts. And yes, many do not tell their own stories, they make some up.
I sometimes think some users go to other sites and do the same things again. lol

15The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:10 am

Spy vs Spy 2023

Spy vs Spy 2023
Mover
Lol some come across as female and then change avatar and are suddenly male 🤪🤪. Definitely Is strange. But definitely those channels didn’t start with much traffic this time . I expected they might increase but it seems there’s less users than ever unfortunately. I am just fading out there gradually

16The shut down of Disqus channels Empty Re: The shut down of Disqus channels Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:35 am

Breezey Bree

Breezey Bree
Site Mod
@Spy vs Spy 2023
Those new channels are nothing. Most don't even have mods watching and some mods make their own rules according to their own preferences. Still, the worst for me is all the connections from one site to the next.... it allows a lot of negative things. And nothing is really new at all!
I don't have time for just posting pictures, gifs and whatnot all day.
I prefer to chat a bit but also learn something worthy of using. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]